Author Topic: Erzats Shoutbox  (Read 76174 times)

Offline skutch

• GB Member
  • intwhore
  • City: A place where people can be lonely together
Re: Erzats Shoutbox
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2012, 06:17:32 PM »
That was the most lame excuse I have seen for watching the European Football Championship I have ever read  :wink:
Good with beer (I don't get to drink that much these days) but why spoil it with a mouse?  :lol:

Offline lexaal

• GB Member
  • Make me commander
  • We can't bomb here! This is bat country.
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2012, 01:39:53 AM »
Sorry about my inactivity in these weeks.  It is not only the mouse. I am also too busy smuggling carpets out of afghanistan.
No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Offline LANS

• GB Member
  • Make me commander
  • flying with a calculator
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2012, 05:45:20 AM »
Sorry about my inactivity in these weeks.  It is not only the mouse. I am also too busy smuggling carpets out of afghanistan.

Stuff like this is why I miss playing alleg with you guys. Then I was bored so I skimmed the alleg.net forums and remembered why I left.

There are days I'm bored and miss this game, but not enough to ever pick it up and play again. Maybe I would if the community-based problems were solved-ish, not even the negativity but the no-players-online and no-commanders-available. Thinking back though, other then when I was a complete newbie, I would probably estimate that I actually enjoyed about 1/4 of the PUGs I played. The last game I played was a ton of fun, and I remember leading most of the major offensive charges and winning the game with a just-in-time devastator. I don't want to come back only to play a series of games that are piles of shit.

In other news, life is generally decent. Same stuff at school, I'm spending the summer working at a sailboat repair shop. We do stuff like this:

Its a decent job. A lot of it is dealing with customers and paperwork though.  :pc: :upps:

I'm not sure what else to say - I wish there was a decent alleg to come back to if I wanted to play, and I feel bad for you guys who work so hard to keep it alive, but its not something I intend to open up again. On that note, I've (not on purpose, it just sorta happened) stopped playing video games completely over the past few months. Its not so bad and when it comes down to it, I'd rather spend my time reading a good book or hanging out with friends IRL. Half the reason or more (I realize now) I played alleg was the friends I had with GB, but I don't need alleg for that.

Edit: This girl I work with is convinced that the zombie apocalypse is upon us, mainly because of this:
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/05/31/miami-cannibal-attack-victim-faces-long-recovery-filled-with-surgeries-skin-grafts-doctors/
That's about the most entertaining thing that's happened to me in a month or two. I've been fairly boring.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 05:49:24 AM by LANS »

Offline skutch

• GB Member
  • intwhore
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2012, 03:22:53 PM »
Drooooooling as i Look at the renovated sail boat hull. It almost looks like a Neptune cruiser which I fortunately was a few hours to late to save from being set to fire by it's owner.
Well I don't play much allegiance myself these days, but stau tuned, in a year or five the urge will come back, it always will!

As for your GF, she should get one of these http://www.cagliostro.se/de-animation-3334111. My friend makes them =)

Stay in touch!

Offline lexaal

• GB Member
  • Make me commander
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2012, 10:46:39 PM »
Some drug... I forgot the name... deactivates temporary much of your brain such that you solely rely on animal instincts.

Also like any other drug including beer it makes you damn hungry.
No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Offline LANS

• GB Member
  • Make me commander
  • flying with a calculator
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2012, 04:57:46 AM »
Drooooooling as i Look at the renovated sail boat hull. It almost looks like a Neptune cruiser which I fortunately was a few hours to late to save from being set to fire by it's owner.
Well I don't play much allegiance myself these days, but stau tuned, in a year or five the urge will come back, it always will!

As for your GF, she should get one of these http://www.cagliostro.se/de-animation-3334111. My friend makes them =)

Stay in touch!

The boat in that picutre is Raven, an 8mR class (not actually 8 metres long). She's been travelling around lately - she won the world championship for her class in 2010, and is now racing in Germany.

How is it fortunate you were too late to prevent it catching fire? or was it insurance fraud?

@Lexaal:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylenedioxypyrovalerone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mephedrone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylone

Those are what's been in the news lately with the zombie-like stuff.

@skutch: not my GF, just someone I work with. I may point her towards those anyways.
We have a Dragon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_(keelboat)) in the shop now. Boats like that are certainly nice to work on, even if I don't get to race them.

Edit: I'm so bad at using url tags.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:01:31 AM by LANS »

Offline skutch

• GB Member
  • intwhore
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2012, 01:27:26 PM »
I am am currently Reading Metro 2033 and I think that Zombie stuff is only half as scary as what is described in the book (I recommend it for reading, but not after dark...).

Nice, a Dragon class boat, which was actually what I was looking at, not a Neptune cruiser, which is of similar size and build. My memory is failing again.
Well, this boat had been badly handled for years and spent the last 10 years on shore with poor coverage. I got friend drive me to it to take look at it (I had no drivers license back then) and with a knife I probed the wood works.
There where many cases of bad rot on the keel but the hull itself seemed more or less ok, no evidence of rot through any of the planks though all varnish was flaking and there was superficial rot on say 50%.
The Deck was more or less rotted away, also parts of the "cabin". The fastening points for the wires holding the mast in place where badly eaten away by rot (wood) and rust (iron fastenings).
The boat was torched since the neighbours had been complaining some years of all the scrap on this persons yard and he finally decided to clear it out .
I would probably lost an infinite amount of time on that boat, not to talk about money. Now I spent that time sailing plastic boats instead.

Those drugs you linked to looks more harmful than good, but if you are an idiot to start with I suppose you go for the "High" without thinking of it's consequences.
I remember in school how a police officer described angel dust (PCP) which had recently surfaced in the neighbourhood where some one apparently (under intoxication) had begun to peel his skin of using a knife believing himself to be an orange.

But, as it says on the card, "You are either part of the problem or part of the solution"  :wink:

I heard on the radio some months ago that someone managed to produce a substance that would make muscles of dead tissue to contract again, that is definitely scary zombie stuff.

Offline lexaal

• GB Member
  • Make me commander
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2012, 11:09:55 PM »
Damn.       :dresch: :dresch: :dresch:

Offline lexaal

• GB Member
  • Make me commander
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2012, 10:32:46 PM »
Please don't ask me how... but i found this in the internet.

Offline CowTown

• GB Member
  • Make me commander
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2012, 03:16:44 AM »
Looks like that would spin too...silly...

Offline lexaal

• GB Member
  • Make me commander
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2012, 03:10:09 AM »
Jehova's Micenesses.

Offline skutch

• GB Member
  • intwhore
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2012, 01:40:10 PM »
lol
This was just what I needed to cheer me up  :D

Offline lexaal

• GB Member
  • Make me commander
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2012, 12:18:47 AM »

Offline skutch

• GB Member
  • intwhore
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2012, 08:59:18 PM »
Catchy music, but that was way beyond my German skills.