Author Topic: www.battle-planet.de  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Andreask3

• Gimme my bomber
www.battle-planet.de
« on: April 23, 2005, 05:09:26 PM »
This is totally off-topic and has nothing to do with allegiance.

I just thought that scince we are all into freeware games with depth and teamplay, why not introduce you to www.battle-planet.de?

What is www.battle-planet.de?

It is an online-game (has a good AI but its focus is on the online part) glued together by former fanboys of the BATTLE ISLE (1-4) series, which you probably know.

So, what you do is, you set up you colony on a planet and build a small infrastructure of factories, power-plants and defenses. Then you produce units to take over other worlds and battle other players in a universe consisting of several planets in different star-systems.

You do all this on hexagonal battle-fields and during turn-based combat.
The game also features a research tree and indivdual units as well as dynamic maps changed by the administrators, called the "Supervisors".

If you want to test if offline, just download the installer:

http://www.battle-planet.de/pbp/download-ascwin.php

and play the campaign against the AI.

If you want to get into the multiplayer part, which consists of "Cycles" (seasons) of which each has 12 turns, just contact the administrator (no, its no Pook), GAMER, his e-mail is:

gamer@ulrichshorst.de <gamer@ulrichshorst.de>

or send him a PM on the forums there.

The website is only availble in german, but the game interface is using the english language. Sadly, as of now, the online documentation is also only availbale in german. But they are looking for a translator.

I just demanded that my HQ shall be installed on ERUPSI and i shall be playing the TERRANER. There is one more free settlement in the NEBULAE-system i guess, so feel free to join.

The current cycle ends may the 14th and we only just played the fourth turn. You have to complete your turn within 30 hours and send it back to the administrator of your planet by mail. All actions are taken by using the game engine, you cna even trade units and such, then you save your turn, and send it to the supervisor, who passes it on the the next player on the planet, after having checked for exploits and cheats, which guarantees for a friendly environment.

If you like deep, turn-based strategy games, this is for you.

Offline Being

• Ex GB Member
  • Where is the bomber?
www.battle-planet.de
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 10:19:59 PM »
I will definitely check this one out, Battle Isle series is one of my favourites.

Hope I can get past the language barrier..
-
Being

Offline Andreask3

• Gimme my bomber
www.battle-planet.de
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 01:37:17 PM »
Quote from: "JimmyNighthawk"
Browsergames are lame. I doubt this one i could play. I read the site a little but i wont sign up.

ps: Andreas, come back to Allegiance!

Jimmy, you said that you have read that site. So who did you find that it would be a browergame? It is not. You have to download a full client and get a funtional graphicl interface along with singleplayer funtionality. But scince the game is tunrbased it would not make much sense to have to play it in real-time online so you just save your move and pass it on. This way you can invest very little time into the game while achieving maximum effect.
That is very handy if you dont want to waste a lot of time playing a computer game.

I havent been away from alleg for too long, dont you think? I ll see if i can join a squadmatch or the other but pickups waste too much time, right now.

Offline Andreask3

• Gimme my bomber
www.battle-planet.de
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 03:49:26 PM »
Quote from: "JimmyNighthawk"
Spielprinzip: ASC - Project:BattlePlanets

PBP ist kein Online- oder BrowserGame.

Ja Jimmy, da steht doch das es KEIN Browsergame ist, oder? :D

Offline pkk

• Administrator
  • Newbies!
    • pkk's Allegiance Blog
www.battle-planet.de
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 04:38:15 PM »
Hauptsache erstmal für Alleg Werbung gemacht... 8)

Offline pkk

• Administrator
  • Newbies!
    • pkk's Allegiance Blog
www.battle-planet.de
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 05:25:16 PM »
Es ist ein Browsergame mit eigenem Browser für LINUX/Windows... ;)

Offline Andreask3

• Gimme my bomber
www.battle-planet.de
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 05:36:30 PM »
Im gegensatz zu einem Browsergame muss man aber nicht nachts aufstehen um irgendwelche bauszeiten ab zu passen. und es hat deutlich mehr funktionalität.
und es hat ki und singleplayer campagne.

€: For our non-german speaking friends:

The game has an AI and singleplayer missions, also it has a lot more funcionality than a brwosergame and you dont have to stick to certain timelimits to make your move. except that you have to pass your turn on within 30 hours once received.

Offline pkk

• Administrator
  • Newbies!
    • pkk's Allegiance Blog
www.battle-planet.de
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 06:00:02 PM »
Naja, es kommt auf die Runden dauer bei den "Browsergames" an, ob es jede Stunde oder jeden Tag ne Runde gibt. ;)

Offline Grim_Reaper_4U

• I am a one-man-stack
www.battle-planet.de
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 10:19:45 AM »
Mmm sounds good, is there any clan functionality, like can you gang up on other players  :?:
If you're too stupid to follow orders, don't press on the login button : use the X in the right upper corner

Offline Andreask3

• Gimme my bomber
www.battle-planet.de
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 04:37:28 PM »
Quote from: "Grim_Reaper_4U"
Mmm sounds good, is there any clan functionality, like can you gang up on other players  :?:

Yes, as you can see here

http://www.battle-planet.de/pbp/inside-macht.php

there are alliances between players, who then share resources and vision.