Author Topic: Allegiance loses players  (Read 6312 times)

Offline Zruty

• GB Member
  • scoutwhore
Allegiance loses players
« on: May 16, 2010, 10:16:39 PM »
I'm really concerned about this, as I think that we are now really at the dangerous point: another 50-100 people stop playing regularly, and we have 4v4 at prime times, and Alleg will cease to be my favourite game.

What are your opinions on
1) Why we are losing players?
2) What will happen next?

Offline Naboki

• GB Member
  • intwhore
Re: Allegiance loses players
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 10:23:06 PM »
1) like nearly everything in nature the euler exponent is involved in here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-life

even computer games have half-life, but you can influence it with advertiseing (and spontan offset in half-life)

2) ace, bs, srm will have problems and mabye squads will merge ( i dont count gb in cause we will live forever  :dresch:)

Offline Zruty

• GB Member
  • scoutwhore
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 10:35:58 PM »
My dream is that some large game company develops "Alleg 2" and advertises it.

So naboki, you don't think anything can be done against this tendency?

Offline lexaal

• GB Member
  • Make me commander
  • We can't bomb here! This is bat country.
    • We can't bomb here! This is bat country.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 10:45:37 PM »
A big problem in the last months were the EU afternoon games.  When only 3 veterans are playing and twi of them are big stacker all games are decided from the lobby -> boring for me and many others ->  no afternoon games anymore. (6 month from now there were like 6 vs 6 games from 2 pm and 10 vs 10 at 4pm cet which was quite good.
Giga on 3 vs 3 makes it worse.  I see a big problem for the EU players at the moment.
No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Offline LANS

• GB Member
  • Make me commander
  • flying with a calculator
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 11:23:27 PM »
I think some of it now will be a summer lull for the northern hemisphere players. I'll be cutting way down on my alleg time in june, and won't be playing at all in july/august/first-half-of-september.

Offline Grimmwolf

• Global Moderator
  • Newbies!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 01:14:29 PM »
I can tell you from my own experience why Allegiance loses players. There are other games out there. I spend my time playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Sins Of A Solar Empire. Then mix in some tv series and that's about the time I can spend on media.
Allegiance is small, the community is small. When I stopped playing the game, I was able to predict the outcome of a game quite easily by looking at the players on the teams. In other games this is impossible, because the player base is huge. Yes, I often stacked, because being whored on is not much fun. The times I antistacked, yes, some games were fun, if you were able to win despite your team. Anyway, even stacking becomes boring after a while and then I simply stopped playing. The long breaks in the lobby were also a major reason to quit. If I have 45 minutes to play a game, before I have to go to bed, I don't want to spend 20-30 minutes discussing the next commander. So I don't even launch the game and play something else instead or watch an episode.

Offline Dangeruss

• GB Member
  • I am a one-man-stack
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 08:23:43 PM »
hey grimm im playing bad company2 barredtrash is me and my son add me and we can play a few games

Offline Naboki

• GB Member
  • intwhore
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 05:50:54 PM »
had a idea how to do some sort of advertisment, upload allegiance_installer on piratebay, usenext, rs and the rest of them and post the link on your home download site - i am registered at priatebay and mygully.com (a very big german rs and usenext community) - maybe some peeps are downloading it and want to try it out.

Offline LANS

• GB Member
  • Make me commander
  • flying with a calculator
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 07:47:26 PM »
If anyone has a good idea for a followup post to this:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128227
(which was posted by me originally)

Post it here. It'll get a fair bit of exposure there, and I'm reasonably known on those boards (5 years/ ~3500 posts)